March 23rd, 2011 (11:55 pm)
current mood: icky
current song: Fearless Love - Melissa Ethridge
***** these were written at various times over the last few weeks when I thought them but was too fried to post. I apologise if there are any typos; each and every one was all but unreadable when I actually typed them, but I did run it through spell-check on MS Word, so I hope I got the majority of the mess. *****sad fact just editing and cleaning this up took... too long. I opened the page at "22:43" and finished at "23:55". Jeeze.
- I really dislike wiki sites. It took me this side of forever
to not hate them immediately because of the potential unreliability of them (I don't care what anyone says about how a wrong answer can be corrected as quickly as under a minute; I know of four incidents involving people I know personally and in 'real life' [as opposed to on-line] where it was the wrong
information that kept getting 'corrected'), ( bitching because I can't figure out the damn rules + gushing over ComicVineCollapse )
- Sometimes, words are awesome but right now, I despise my vocabulary. Unless I know someone really well**, I can come off as either harsh, pissed off or attacking when I don't mean too. Apparently, saying that 'x' template email was used to justify
the deletion of a submission is being rude, but that's the most descriptive word I can come up with. "Explain" doesn't fit because the email didn't
**or they happen to
have an X-Files reference as their username
not be angered because they say the same things with the intent of
being a (funny) pain in the ass
added in editing/just before posted (this isn't something that needs to be said on a general post, but I'm going to anyways) I am more than a little amused by this note and it's sub-point because I had a conversation on this very subject last night with her.
- You know how sometimes when you watch a show that you haven't seen in a long time and when you watch it again, you wonder how you didn't see how truly **awful** it is? Well, I caught myself thinking the reverse when I was watching Star Trek; Voyager
a while back. I always remember it as being poorly acted in the beginning, not all that good with continuity, having created Seven for gratuities sexuality and just really hokey. I attribute watching it to it being _Star Trek_. But when I actually watch it, it's not nearly as bad as I always think of it.
- ( http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=91
) I cannot comprehend a situation where paying for alcohol is equivalent to covering pizza except maybe in the case of a children's BD party and the parents of birthday child drinking after.
- spent a full day dicking around on the Blue Bloods
Wikia site. A very long no-point detail list of what specifically I did and justifications for everything can be found here; http://bluebloodstv.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Pixie_child/self-absorbed_mind_drop
- I have found a new way to be horrified and very amused at the same time; http://wonkette.com/
. ( shifting blame + recs found at 2AMCollapse )
- Wow, I'm getting a little political lately. I know it is just through quoting one of the awesome-ness of one of the coolest "Old Guys" on TV, but still. They're directly currently
politically-related, so it feels pretty damn close. And while I'm pretty sure no one on my f-list** is a [what's the US equivalent of Canada's Conservative party? I can't keep the two names separate because unlike up here in the land of "Universal" health care, neither words are (as far as I know) words in the English language]
, but just in case, I apologise. I don't want to offend anyone. Well, not unless you would vote the illiterate media
, ah, "companion". Then I am not going to say anything in your regard, because I'm a firm believer in the rights of everyone, but you really challenge that.
**reading this and not a member of my f-list? Seriously? Well, after questioning your sanity (^_^), I invite you to contact me either through commenting, PM-ing via LJ or DW, or emailing me! If I haven't scared you off yet, I'm almost guaranteed to be more than willing to babble incoherently with you.
- suddenly overwhelmed by 14-year-old guilt from back when I spent two weeks with my aunt and uncle. ( an instance where I was reminded how everything is a reflection on my fatherCollapse )
- I'm easily amused. Apparently, Jeri Ryan's birth last name is Zimmerman. cue Star Trek-related giggles
- also just learned that she turned down a cameo offer to be in (Star Trek) Nemesis, and only asked Kate Mulgrew after. I have nothing against Jeri Ryan, but seriously? Janeway made much more sense than Seven of Nine to appear.
- this is super cute; http://www.kimonostownhouse.com/
- I fucking hate the '07 layout of Microsoft Word
, but I [well, my OSAP grant] paid for it and it would be stupid to pay for a downgrade just because I'm a stubborn jackass when it comes to change. I just wish I could do the same thing with it as I did for running Windows Vista (I've got it set to look like Windows '98).
- I really like using DreamWidth as my alpha journal for many reasons, but the major ones are that the posting interface just feels cleaner and the staff is so damn helpful and friendly. Also, because I don't have to fight with logging in and DW allows me to cross-post. That being said, I guess LJ has spoiled me because I find it incredibly inconvenient not to be able to tag my entries with a tick-box list and it drives me up the wall when I want to have more than one space at a time, because you just can't do it in the Rich Text format (they are removed in the post), and if you put the
into the code box then switch to Rich Text for any reason, they are removed then as well. Little things, but they get to me.
+ another thing I had intended to add to my list of upcoming posts; a work-in-progress meme. It is actually one of the few things I could have done in the last few weeks, because it would require little thought, except that there are at least 75+ files in my "in progress" folder and have no idea how to compile the list without having to copy/paste or re-type all the file names out. This entry was cross-posted @ http://fai-dust.dreamwidth.org/26096.html